Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Homemade Taco Seasoning

Pin It Now!

I am really trying to cut down on prepackaged seasonings, mostly for the healthy reasons.  My family loves tacos and refried bean burritos, so I came up with a yummy, mild seasoning mix. My whole family LOVES it!!!!



Homemade Taco Seasoning

1 TBSP Chili powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. red pepper
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. onion salt

*To 1 lb. of cooked, drained ground beef - I added the above seasoning mix, 1/2 TBSP olive oil, and 1/2 cup water.  Bring to a boil, then turn to low and simmer for about 5-10 minutes.


When money was ULTRA tight, I was forced to get really good at making homemade refried beans.  Now I am glad I did.  I still make them a lot, and it's a meal that lasts for about 4-5 days for a family of five.  We use the beans instead of meat to fill flour tortillas, top tostadas or stuff in taco shells. 

I use the same seasoning mix as I did for the tacos, except I usually double the amount of salt and garlic powder.

Now, to those of you (like my hubby) who like HOT, you've just got to add that in yourself! :)

Linked to Tasty Tuesday and WFMW

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

We may have all of these ingredients in the cabinet; thanks for sharing!

Kris10 said...

I would love to try this with your Crock Pot Rotel Chili recipe, but I cannot find it on your blog anymore. :'(

Brandi said...

Hi Kris10 - I just posted the chili recipe, so here's the link: http://www.brandiraae.com/2018/01/crockpot-rotel-chili.html

Sorry about that. I posted the original recipe on my Wordpress blog, which I no longer have.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...